Searching for Sqaure

This was one of my first weavings, the second, I believe. It is also the first weaving to transcend the loom. The piece was created using a tri-warp system. My first weaving showed my interest in alternate materials and my second an interest in the functional aspects of the loom and breaking standard functional principals.  I had a desire to make the weaving 3D, I am a 3D person, it is how my mind works and a process I find satisfying. I am also  radical non-conventionalist, so simply staying in the warp was absurd.  This piece was about learning, how to treadle, how to make a pattern, how to find a pattern, how to follow the limits, how to break the limits, but mostly simply how weaving worked, in and out, what could, would work and how it would all look.













    


   

No comments:

Post a Comment