I Used to be a Douglas Fir, Now I am an Oak: Seeking Place Through the Use of Trees



I Used to be a Douglas Fir, Now I am an Oak: Seeking Place Through the Use of Trees
2018
 
Materials (brackets for dye materials):
outdoor installation: (acorns),  (oak, bark), (oak leaves), oak tree, a sweater, wool

Inside installation  (acorns), bamboo, bolts, loom, (oak, bark), (oak leaves), a sweater, wool, 2018



I Used to be a Douglas Fir, Now I am an Oak: Seeking Place Through the Use of Trees used the preformative process of creating to inform the meaning of the piece.




dyes made of acorns, oak bark and oak leaves


The loom was made from storm fallen oak trees and local bamboo







 
Original installation was on a storm blown oak that provided some of the wood that on the loom that made this piece.

 
 Inside installation features the loom



No comments:

Post a Comment